Monday, December 31, 2012

New New

You were "cooking" in that pot before bed

As of this picture, when I say Aria look at the camera and smile, you do!  You look so much like a kid to me in this picture!  And you will officially wear zip up jammies again.  It lessens the big kid factor a smidge and I'll take whatever I can get.

AND over the last few days, we've noticed that when we say "I love you" you answer with "I love you too."  It's one of my favorite things that you do of course.

Tonight when I was putting you to sleep, you were stalling.  On the fourth time I went in there, I said for the fourth time "Goodnight Aria.  I love you" and you surprised me by saying "Why?" and I said "That's a very long answer but mostly because you are my baby and perfect to me" (I thought that was a pretty good impromptu answer if I do say so myself) and then you said "When?" and I said "Always" (I was on a roll) and then you said "How?"  (It dawned on me that you were totally doing the 5 questions from school at this point skipping who and what I guess) So I said, "I can't explain it. I just do.  Now go to sleep.  Nice stalling." And then you said, "No mommy.  because" and I took the bait and said "Because what" and you said in a cute tone "Be-cause"

On the last day of the year either you went all philosophical on me or you were just reciting your favorite episode of Max and Ruby where Ruby's answer to everything Max says is BECAUSE.  Either way, it was adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment