Sunday, December 2, 2012

This weekend

This weekend was jam packed with fun times.


Friday night, we went to go see Santa.  Although you weren't too sure in the beginning, you warmed up and didn't cry AT ALL.  Plus, you even told Santa what you want which I thought was beyond awesome (Lalaloopsy dolls).  For the first few pictures, you even cracked a smile but with every picture your poor brother got more and more upset and by the time they snapped this one you were over it.  You never wanted to get down or were freaked out at all.  After I took screaming Asher off his lap and you jumped down, you and Dad even stayed their for a second and talked with him.  Every year you get better and better.




And I took these ADORABLE pictures:
Without the presence of Santa



I think ties are going to be his new wardrobe staple


Saturday after naps, we used our free pass that we got from school and went to the Kohl's Museum.  I'm going to see if I can score a few more passes because while it's a nice little museum it's not worth like the 10 bucks per person they are charging especially since we only stay like tops 2 hours.  Anyway, you guys did have tons of fun.





There are a bunch more pictures on the other phone that I have to add so note to self add those.  But let's see, from our last visit you are have definitely grown from one stage to the next.  This time it was much more pretending (especially the doctor and tea set stuff.)  You LOVED those.  You also liked to "paint" the walls and were able to do so much more this time.  Plus, you vocalized your needs much better this time around.  "It's too loud" "I don't want to" "No thank you" "I've got an idea. Go back to doctor's house".  AND you would go back and try things after a little extra time.  Like there is this fake car wash that has blowing air coming from the top, loud spinning things on the sides, and was really loud (even for me) and in the beginning you would not even step into it yelling "I don't want to" so I completely dropped it and then like an hour later Dad and Asher were playing in there and you just ran right in there and even went under the air once.  AND I noticed that you were much more open to being near and even a few times interacting with random stranger kids.  Actually, I didn't see you have any hesitation being around the other children and there was so many different toys and things to play with, I'm not sure if many of the kids were really playing, but I digress.  You definitely weren't feeling the water section, but I think that was in part that the water was freezing.  Even Asher was like No thanks and that kid LOVES water.  

Then we came home and you decided that you wanted to wear your Olivia costume to sleep.  You wear that and your ballerina outfit like everyday these days. 

Today, Sunday, was gorgeous outside.  It was like 60 degrees out on December 2nd so I wanted to make sure we were out like all day and we basically were.  Saturday we drove past Wagner farm on the way to the museum and we saw all the cows out and Asher of course was like I need those cows in my life Mom and reminded us ALLL day that he saw the cows, so the three of us went there before naps.  (Dad had to go to work for a little bit)  Unfortunately, we went at like 10:30ish which happens to be the time that literally all the animals eat so Asher couldn't pet any of the animals and I honestly felt really bad because little dude loves that part.  You could have cared less and were like "Sweet, she's not going to make me pet those dirty animals today.  Yes!".  You really liked these little white rocking chairs that they have out front.  
It’s ridiculously nice outside

Then because both of you got up at 6:30am, you both took naps and then we got ready to go the Zoo Lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo.  Aunt Colleen and Uncle Jake came with us and after your usual 10 minute decompression time, you were holding hands and enjoying their company.  Both of you enjoyed touching the light displays that were in the grass that you could touch and mildly enjoyed the rainbow tunnels of lights, but overall I didn't think you were as impressed as you were last year.  But the weather was perfect and you guys loved hanging out with Aunt Colleen and Uncle Jake so the night was a success.    





Whew.  Who needs a nap?  This mom.  On to our next adventures.

Edit:  These are from last year.  I had to go search them down in an email from Grandpa because for some odd reason I never put them up here.  I can not get over how little both of you look.  Tear...











No comments:

Post a Comment