Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13, 2012

Today:
You had a great talking day. You have recently started to literally read books to me. They are almost always your old picture books but still you read them to me from cover to cover. Today you read 5 books back to back for me for a total continual talking time of at least 15 minutes.

We did your first real sticker book. It was the kind where there are tons of stickers in the middle and then you have to match them up with the outlines in the book. The whole time your brother was napping (give or take an hour), we sat in the chair and did this book. You, of course, demanded to do the identifying and sticking part completely on your own. I was merely allowed to be your sticker pull off-er. I'm definitely going to order you more (especially for times where I need you to sit and be quiet) because most importantly you LOVED doing it. But it also encouraged you to talk more. You named all the stickers (over and over again) and could usually find the outline yourself.

We played this knock knock its me game. I sat on one side of the door and started knocking. Initially, we were playing our usual kind of hide and seek version where I close the door and hide and you come and find me (I'm ALWAYS in the closet. You find this HILARIOUS every single time. Being two is awesome.) But then you ditched me and Asher so I started to just close the door and knock. Then at one point you would come bang back and I would say "Who is it?" And you would laugh and bang back. Then for reason one time I decided to tell Asher an impromptu joke of knock knock (and I knocked) and asked myself who is it? and then answered myself with "Its me". Asher thought it was hilarious.

Anyway, fast forward hours and hours later, I was going to the bathroom (I can only hold it for so long) and you came to the door and knocked (ok more like banged...) and I was trying to stall so I said "Who is it?" and to my absolute delight you said "Its me". So of course I opened the door and told you twenty times how much I loved that you answered me. Yes, I know you were just repeating me and Yes, I know that you don't really know what you were saying meant. But I don't care. It was adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment