Sunday, December 27, 2009

Daddy Post

Dear Jub Jub,

You have gone forward by leaps and bounds this past month. Nine months old and you are full on crawling. It was like this cool overnight transition too. One day you could only rock back and forth, now you are trucking across the apartment. Full on consonant talking has commenced (mom and I are both anticipating those first words). You hold conversations with your mom and me about topics such as global politics. Your views on the health care reform are fairly insightful. However, when you used your Elmo phone to call in a hit the other day, I began to question letting you see Godfather. It’s just such a great movie. Almost everything you get your hands on goes into your mouth (i.e. 360 controllers, TV remotes, the dog’s tail). The exception is food. You’d swear it was unsweetened grapefruit we were feeding you if you look at the pictures. You laugh and smile all the time which is lots of fun – even though you only laugh at Mom. I think that is because she can do those high pitched voices that I can’t. Soon you will be able to grasp my brand of bitter sarcasm, fart jokes, and keen ability to mock others. Look forward to snuggling up with you, mom, and a good movie on the upcoming January nights. The 6th is you mothers birthday, so do me a favor and find out what she wants. Be subtle though, act cool, confuse her with double meaning and innuendo…like I taught you.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment