Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Let Me Count the Ways...

I LOVE:
-The way you smell after I lotion you up after a bath - that new baby smell
-Rubbing my nose into the hair in the back of your head - its so soft
-The way you look at me like you have never heard something so crazy come out of someone's mouth
-When you raise one eyebrow and give me the "Okay, really...." look
-How you kick kick kick when I give you a bath
-The lint that I find on your little body. How do you get lint in your hands and armpits exactly?
-When I pick you up from your crib when you have been sleeping a long time. All the creases all over your face combined with the "I cant bare to open my eyes" look makes me want to just squeeze you
-How incredibly easy it is to put you to sleep in your crib now - if you are tired (which is still ALWAYS by the way) I just put you in your crib on your pillow and you just look around for a second and then close your eyes and go to sleep. Seriously, I must have done something pretty cool in a past life to get such a calm baby.
-How you can sleep through just about anything - construction (that is right outside the window), the el, the dogs barking, anything
-The way you demand to stand up when you want to play
-How you can fit your WHOLE hand in your mouth
-How you ALWAYS smile when Daddy sings you the You Can Fart If You Want To song -its great that you have already learned to appease him
-How you try to eat my face when I kiss you on the lips - Cheeks only Mom Cheeks only
-How content you get when you are laying or sitting with Daddy
-When you have a random spontaneous smile while you are sleeping
-Waking up to your big blue eyes staring back at me - it is pure bliss when you add a smile
-Your drumstick legs and your bobble head
-How you stare at Daddy's face all the time - I think its the beard
-How you demand to sleep on your tummy but then fuss all through tummy time during the day
-How you let me kiss you probably a hundred a day and never fuss about it
-How you love when I talk to you in that annoying high pitched tone
-Your peach fuzz hair
-Kissing the bridge of your nose
-All your facial expressions
-Your chipmunk cheeks
-Your baby dance *which is a combination of rapid arm movement combined with kick kick kicking in a completely uncoordinated whole body shake*

I Dislike:
-How you only poo like once every three days - It creeps me out
-How strong your little grip is - seriously, it hurts having my hair ripped out strand by strand
-How every single day goes by insanely fast and how you get bigger every day -Before I know it you are going to be touching all of Daddy's game systems with your peanut butter hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment